Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Custom Order Summer Vacation Album

I have finished one of the projects I have been working on. This is a custom order album from Stephanie. She wanted us to make a beach themed premade album she can scrapbook her family photos from their summer vacation in Bahamas. I used a heavy transparency sheet for the front cover, embellishing it with water splash 3D stickers. I used an ocean wave patterned paper under the front cover and cut out the part of waves in order to change the background by showing the following page.
I added an envelope so that they can keep some travel memorabilia in it.Because the envelopes I want to use on my projects are not on the market, I make them by myself. I just look for the envelope of the right size and make a template out of it.
This is the back cover. I glued a lace paper on a cardstock and sealed it with “Mod Podge”. My initial intention was to cut the cardstock to the right size, but a new idea flashed into my mind. Instead of cutting, I folded it to make a pocket which might hold unused photos, tickets or postcards.It has been a very fun process making this album. Photos on Stephanie’s Facebook helped me a lot. I even felt as if I had been to the beach while making it. Thank you very much for giving me an opportunity to share your memory keeping project.

No comments:

Post a Comment